Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesspacerRegisterLog in

New game - spellborn (free trial offer)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
snares
Enigmatic
snares

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-12-17

New game - spellborn (free trial offer) Empty
PostSubject: New game - spellborn (free trial offer)   New game - spellborn (free trial offer) EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 1:49 am

Ok guys and girls.
I have just received an E-mail from another gaming buddy of mine and he gave me a heads-up on the following new MMO :

Link to Site

The Lowdown :-

Acclaim Games is pleased to announce the official release of The Chronicles of Spellborn MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game).

To celebrate the official launch, Acclaim will offer all players a free 2 week premium subscription, along with the introduction of a new credit card payment option for added convenience. With the official release, players are invited to join the fun in one of the most innovative MMORPG's on the market featuring a unique real-time combat system that truly sets the game apart!

Quote :
Combat system

TCoS - Combat
The combat system in TCoS is made to increase the effect of tactical choices made by the player during combat. Furthermore there are too many games that use a combat system that is too dependent on damage outcome using formulas and percentages that sort of take away player control. For instance if a combatant wins due to a lucky streak of critical hits or by using a weapon which does random bonus damage, the outcome is not based on player skill but on sheer luck.

Targeting System à la FPS
One of the things that is very different about TCoS in comparison to most other MMOGs, is the targeting system. The game has no auto attack combat where a player can target an opponent and click the attack button once and wait until the opponent is defeated. Instead TCoS will let you hit where you swing by actually keeping your opponent manually targeted using your targeting 'crosshair'. So if a player wins a battle, it means your choices and reactions made the difference, not dice rolls and luck.

Skills
If a player has to aim and make tactical choices during combat it is not the idea to swamp the player with tons of spells and skills, at least not all at the same time. Players will have access to a large number of different skills they can use during combat, but never more than a handful are displayed on screen at any time.

It sounds interesting and what the hell - its a free 2 week premium account, so worth checking out.

Specs are as follows :
Quote :
File Size: 3055 MB

System Requirements

Minimum System Requirements
Windows XP/Vista
Pentium 4 2.0 GHz
Memory 1 GB
Hard disk space 12 GB
3D Graphics card, 128MB - (Pixel Shaders 2 Support)
DirectX 9.0c or higher
Internet Connection Broadband

Recommended System Requirements

Windows XP/Vista
Pentium 4 2.6 GHz
Memory 2 GB
Hard disk space 12 GB
3D Graphics card, 256 MB (Pixel Shaders 2 Support)
DirectX 9.0c or higher
Internet Connection Broadband

Free 2-week premium account offer is running from 23/04/09 to 07/05/09, so not long to grab it Smile
Back to top Go down
snares
Enigmatic
snares

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-12-17

New game - spellborn (free trial offer) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New game - spellborn (free trial offer)   New game - spellborn (free trial offer) EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 2:07 am

I've just made my account and am about to download the game, check it out.
I just found and watched this vid and i really need to post this here.

Fighting in this game is pretty sick.

Its kinda like an MMO/FPS crossover 0.o

check this shit out