Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesspacerRegisterLog in

Mars Colonies Sci-Fi writing for fun

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laughing_Man_Prophecy
Kind of 1337
Laughing_Man_Prophecy

Number of posts : 81
Location : Vior'La Sept, Tau Space, Eastern Fringe, Milky Way galaxy
Registration date : 2008-11-23

Mars Colonies Sci-Fi writing for fun Empty
PostSubject: Mars Colonies Sci-Fi writing for fun   Mars Colonies Sci-Fi writing for fun EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 11:19 pm

Okay, so I played this awesome game on 4chan(WARNING! UNDER 18 DO NOT GO TO 4chan!) called NATIONS. It's where you get a .PNG of a map. Like this:
Mars Colonies Sci-Fi writing for fun Mars10

It starts off empty.

Each person on the thread takes turns claiming land. you then can trade, wage war(done with a dice-rolling thing only for that board), or just chill and watch stuff happen while annexing land. A lot of it is storytelling and being creative, making up your own nation, giving it a flag, realistic exports/imports, a government. It's loads of fun.

Anyway, the game we played was using the map above and was on Mars. Due to some AWESOME storytelling during the battles and such, it basically ended up turning into a battle of the Reapers(war scythe/G3KA4-wielding bad mothers who reap souls for the Lord of Mars, Xorcom. They had summoned an avatar of Xorcom.), the Melidans(Russian SWAT looking dudes with M4s and such), versus the Hive(think Starship troopers. There you go.), the Biomass(enemy of Xorcom, giant mass that consumes people and unites them, brainwashes them, and uses them for nourishment/slavery.). The whole thing went on for a few days and was so epic it inspired me to start writing about it. So I was going to see how you guys likes it to get an idea of where I should go with this. Here she goes(Next post)
Back to top Go down
Laughing_Man_Prophecy
Kind of 1337
Laughing_Man_Prophecy

PostSubject: Re: Mars Colonies Sci-Fi writing for fun   Mars Colonies Sci-Fi writing for fun EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 11:19 pm

The year is 2055. Mankind’s ever expanding empire seeks to colonize the closest relative to it’s home world of Earth. They turn towards the 4th planet in the Sol system of the Milky Way Galaxy. Known sometimes as the Red Planet, Mars has always been the most hopeful planet for future expeditions into space. Seeking a new life, many people volunteered for the chance at an exciting new frontier. Like selfish little bugs they descended upon the innocent world of Mars who had for so long been a peaceful dormant land with no war, no pollution, just a lonely world. All that changed with the first settlers. All that changed when they came, raped, and took everything for themselves. All that began when Vargo 1 arrived.

A tall, broad man with a large scar running from his left eye to his chin, garbed in light robes, clutching a large book with the word "Xorcom" printed on the front of it steps out of the Gigantic machine to enlighten the new nation of Jaala. Sprung up recently while the Second Sortie was in full swing, the little nation was on the edge of falling into darkness.
The Great Enemy was offering them resources. As if it would actually go through with its offer. You can’t just tell them that, though you have to explain it. Humans are such dim creatures sometimes.

The man walks up to the representative of this small tribe, lowers his light hood and bows his head slightly in greeting.
“Greetings, ambassador – what did you say your name was again?”
The small, wiry tribesman adjusted his ceremonial clothing a bit, apparently uncomfortable around the tall, seasoned warrior. “Jaal'ta'anara, my names is Jaal'ta'anara. I am representative of the people of Jaala.”
“Ahh, yes… Excuse me, you have such… Flavorful names…” he responded, “My name is Morgan Torshavn, representative of the Iridiate Council. “
“I know who you are, priest. Please, what was it you wanted to talk about?”
Taken aback, the Priest of Xorcom responded, “Well, as you heard, there is to be a great crusade soon. A clash of good and evil is to take place soon, and we would like to offer your people a chance at fighting for the good side.” Raising his head and looking the tribesman in the eye, “The Reapers go to fight the Great Enemy, and those it has corrupted. “
“How are we to believe you? You come to us and the first topic of discussion between nations is that of war, and you wish us to side with you saying you are the ‘good guys’! “

"Calm down, sir, we meant you no offense. If you would just listen for one moment. Maybe we can show you."

The tribesman looked hard into the eyes of Morgan. He finally responded, "Very well, we will listen to your tale, priest."

Clearing his throat, Morgan opened the book of Xorcom to page 1 and began reading....

“Long ago, in the time before the civilizations of man descended upon the Red planet, there existed two deities. Gargoth, the Great One, whose greed, knew no bounds, and Xorcom the Noble One, who relished in the adrenaline of combat. These two great beings watched over the landscapes of the Mars. They witnessed it change from a life-sustaining planet, to a planet of little atmosphere and dead dreams. The balance was perfect between the two deities; none could fit so well together as Gargoth and Xorcom.

All this changed when the first humans arrived. The first of Man's colonial expeditionary ships to Mars, the Vargo 1 was struck by a meteor on its landing course. The survivors of the crash had a tough time surviving in the wilderness of Southern Mars. The Meteor however provided them shelter from the harsh Martian storms, as well as Materials with which to produce tools and necessities. They took to the Meteor as a symbol of the Gods. They felt is was a gift of life and made statues to the Gods of it.

Then, the Noble One and the Great One descended upon the people of this Meteorite, and spoke to them. The Great One offered untold riches and total dominion over the planet in return for women to be given up to him, and everything to be his for the taking whenever he saw something he wanted, as he often liked to stroll upon the world in a mortal form. The Noble One offered them technologies that involved this Great Stone they seemed to live off of, in return for them supplying blood sacrifices as well as their souls.

Being in the situation they were, they took up the Noble One on his offering. So they were given the technologies, and were able to strive on the land. Once the other colony ships arrived however, they needed to fill their side of the bargain, so they began attacking other colonist ships, and sacrificing them to Xorcom. So they began to take the nickname ‘Reapers’ which became their name.

This acceptance of Xorcom over him made the Great One Jealous. The Great One sought to undo the works of the Noble One, and so he descended in mortal form upon the people, and began seeking out those individuals who wished to worship Gargoth instead of Xorcom. He began instilling them with heretical thoughts, and eventually implanting in them with psychic abilities which took sent out signals. These signals melded their minds with his and induced all the rage of a god into those who picked up on the signals; the ones who wished to worship him. The time was indeed horrible and as brother and sister, wife and husband, parent and child turned on each other. These days of senseless violence became later known as 'The Sundering'.

The Noble One however was not blind to the plight of his worshipers. Indeed he had already anticipated the actions of the Great One. As the trap was sprung, the Great One being caught in the mortal shell was able to be tampered with by the Noble One. The Noble One turned the Great One into a throbbing mass of bio-material that was barely capable of cognitive thoughts. The Great One was not to go down without a fight, however and banished the Noble One to the Nether Realms. The Biomass, still jealous of the Reaper’s favor of Xorcom, sought to destroy them.

The people fought back, however, and in the first Crusade, the Avatar of Xorcom was summoned and struck down the Great Enemy in a bloody battle that lasted weeks and claimed both lives. Though the Great Enemy was struck down that day, it was able to root itself deep into the core of the planet, and springs up occasionally to wreak vengeance upon the People of Mars. To combat these, the People found out that by sacrificing souls and blood to the True Lord of Mars, they could gain a little of his power and fight back against the Great Enemy when the necessity arrived.

To this day, the great capital of Iridium Prime, the initial impact point of the meteor, and the Vargo 1 ship, is the staging grounds for a holy battle for the survival of mankind on the Red Planet."

Last edited by Laughing_Man_Prophecy on Sun May 03, 2009 8:25 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Laughing_Man_Prophecy
Kind of 1337
Laughing_Man_Prophecy

PostSubject: Re: Mars Colonies Sci-Fi writing for fun   Mars Colonies Sci-Fi writing for fun EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 11:20 pm

That's all I have so far... It's really on and off since I'm working my ass off to earn almost 300 dollars from my parents so they will pay for a plane ticket to send her to Virginia to meet my mother, brother, and brother-in-law.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mars Colonies Sci-Fi writing for fun   Mars Colonies Sci-Fi writing for fun Empty

Back to top Go down

Mars Colonies Sci-Fi writing for fun
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: .:Randomness:. :: General-
Jump to: