Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesspacerRegisterLog in

Mabi-fail

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Laughing_Man_Prophecy
Kind of 1337
Laughing_Man_Prophecy

Number of posts : 81
Location : Vior'La Sept, Tau Space, Eastern Fringe, Milky Way galaxy
Registration date : 2008-11-23

Mabi-fail Empty
PostSubject: Mabi-fail   Mabi-fail EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 6:26 pm

HELP! I don't know if anyone can help but here's my problem: When I try to play Mabinogi on my computer, the GameGuard program fails to initialize. I've tried so many things to get it fixed and nothing works. Worse: Nobody has any solution that has worked for me.

I've tried:
Re-installing Mabinogi.
Un-installing Mabinogi then completely removing the Nexon folder.
DLing a new installer after removing Nexon folder.
turning off firewall/AV and then Re-installing.
Manually patching.

None of these worked.
The GameGuard connects to it's server then DLs it's update, then the box goes away and then after about 10seconds the error message pops up.

Anyone help?
Back to top Go down
Forza
.:Inevitable Elder:.
.:Inevitable Elder:.
Forza

Registration date : 2007-12-22

Mabi-fail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mabi-fail   Mabi-fail EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 12:33 pm

the solution is simple: gameguard fucking sucks giant rhino dick and is a pain in the ass. dont even bother trouble shooting it. you'll solve this problem only to run into another one later on. i quit flyff because gameguard was the bitch's bitch.
Back to top Go down
snares
Enigmatic
snares

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Mabi-fail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mabi-fail   Mabi-fail EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 9:43 pm

word, fucking Gameguard......

you could try setting up an Apache server and re-routing gameguard to your own 'fake' update server, allthough if its not running full stop, this might not work (allthough i guess you could attempt to 'roll-back' the gameguard version and see what happens - tho this would require older gameguard update data/files).

Other than that, esh..

what exactly is the error that it shows?

Gameguard is such a crappy piece of software, i seriously dont know why people bother.
my friends and i used the term 'Hackalicious' to describe it once as it turned out to be piss easy to bypass.

there seems to be countless problems with it too, conflicting with windows and PC set-ups.
Forza's post sums it all up nicely.
Back to top Go down
Liz the Web Mistress
.:Inevitable Leader:.
Liz the Web Mistress

Number of posts : 188
Location : On the battlefield, stuffing bodies into her massive woodchipper.
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Mabi-fail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mabi-fail   Mabi-fail EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 4:46 am

Found out that it might be a trojan. I think that's what it is. He r has a badddd one and can't get rid of it. Like... this shit is malware up the anal cavity of hell. Well, that's what Korea says it is. Even though Mabi has a trojan that attaches to your computer anyway. We'll figure it out!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://inevitable.heavenforum.com
Liz the Web Mistress
Liz the Web Mistress

Number of posts : 188
Location : On the battlefield, stuffing bodies into her massive woodchipper.
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Mabi-fail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mabi-fail   Mabi-fail EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 4:46 am

p.s. wasn't anal cavity of hell creative!?
Back to top Go down
http://inevitable.heavenforum.com
Laughing_Man_Prophecy
Kind of 1337
Laughing_Man_Prophecy

Mabi-fail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mabi-fail   Mabi-fail EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 8:21 am

I was thinking of bypassing GG too. how hard is it to get detected? I mena, I played Flyff a while backa nd that worked fine. Could there be some left over files conflicting with it? I duno. Thanks for replying at all, much more than the mabinogi tech support forum itself.

Anyway, I guess I'll look into just bypassing the stupid thing.
Back to top Go down
snares
Enigmatic
snares

Mabi-fail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mabi-fail   Mabi-fail EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Quote :
Even though Mabi has a trojan that attaches to your computer anyway
Pretty sure that 'Trojan' is just a false-positive. Happensa lot with games. Depends what anti-virus your running too, some pick up harmless files as trojans when really they arent (allthough the game files do share traits with a trojan in the way that they access/send data, this causes the Anti-virus to think its a trojan).
AVG picks up a lot of False-Positives, in some cases in the past i actually hasd to disable AVG while installing in order to install properly, then enable anti-vir once it was fully installed.

I got pissed off with AVG in the end and switched to NOD32.

anyways - thats another story Smile

With regards to being detected, it depends on your bypass method, redirecting the Gameguard server is pretty secure though. Especially thats all your doing. If you started running hacks and shit also, then you might get booted, but just bypassing shouldnt raise any immediate flags.

- Edit -

Quote :
p.s. wasn't anal cavity of hell creative
^ lol, yes it was Smile
Back to top Go down
Laughing_Man_Prophecy
Kind of 1337
Laughing_Man_Prophecy

Mabi-fail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mabi-fail   Mabi-fail EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 3:17 am

Okay. So I found out why it wasn't working. Let's start a little while ago... in a far away land....

Fallon's web browsers would not work. So Fallon started turning stuff off in msconfig not knowing what he was turning off until his browsers worked. For a while, it was good. But then Mabinogi comes along with it's GameGuard bull, so Fallon gets upset. He then proceeds to try many different things to fix his problem, but to no avail. So he starts thinking it's a virus, and looks for free Virus programs. Having NOD32 already installed, but not payed for, he looks for something to make it work. That doesn't work. So he uninstalls NOD32 and re-installs it with a free trial. Suddenly his browsers don't work again. "Hmmm thinks Fallon... Maybe it was NOD32 that stopped my browsers in the first place?!?" So he quickly taps in the key command for msconfig, and turns everything he previously had turned off, then uninstalls NOD32 again. Suddenly GameGuard works.

Anyway, apparently when I was turning off programs before, I turned something off that GameGuard was friends with and GameGuard was taking his side, so he screwed me over. It's all better now. Yay! Thanks for the help though.

But yeah, NOD32 was what was blocking my browsers from working, I found that out! Two birds, one stone. So the saying goes!
Back to top Go down
snares
Enigmatic
snares

Mabi-fail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mabi-fail   Mabi-fail EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 6:02 pm

i only chose NOD32 as my new Anti-Vir because its called fucking NOD!! how awesome is that.
Its my own personal Temple of NOD against the world of Computer Viri.
Back to top Go down
Amber
1337 Sauce
Amber

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Mabi-fail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mabi-fail   Mabi-fail EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 7:03 am

Liz the Web Mistress wrote:
p.s. wasn't anal cavity of hell creative!?
Heard it b4. My friend Louis has a dirty mouth
Back to top Go down
http://s1.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=196136
Sponsored content

Mabi-fail Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mabi-fail   Mabi-fail Empty

Back to top Go down

Mabi-fail
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: .:Randomness:. :: General-
Jump to: