Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesspacerRegisterLog in

add'ons

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Transit
n00b

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-02-23

add'ons Empty
PostSubject: add'ons   add'ons EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 2:53 pm

For those of you who are thinking about getting some add'ons to help ya out in your WoW adventuring, here is a very, very helpful site. WowMatrix.com.

Not only does it allow you to pick and choose your addons, but it will install, and then update them for you when new patches come out. This comes in handy when you get 3 or more and after patch days, they no longer work and you have to update them.

A word of warning for those getting add'ons from cursegaming.com, do not use the auto installer. There are many, many people getting hacked from it. The installer has/had some vulnerabilites that people are exploiting to steal accounts. After doing alot of research, WoWMatrix seems safe on this point. The files themselves are pretty much safe on curse, its just the ad's/auto installer, and links in forums that could get you a keylogger.

Most people agree that firefox, plus the noscript feature is the way to go for protecting yourself from getting keylogged, but I dont use it, and so far havent been. Its more of an issue of using common sense in my opinion which will keep you safe.

A couple of other great add'ons i'll mention while im on here,..

Outfitter(auto changes gear for you, very helpful for dual role people).
Questhelper (does the same thing carbonite does)
OmenThreatMeter( helps you stay below the tank on the aggro list, no more dps deaths from going kill crazy Smile)

Those are the quick ones that I use that come to mind. Theres several I've been meaning to get but just havent had the time to.

Good luck and good gaming.
Back to top Go down
Laughing_Man_Prophecy
Kind of 1337
Laughing_Man_Prophecy

Number of posts : 81
Location : Vior'La Sept, Tau Space, Eastern Fringe, Milky Way galaxy
Registration date : 2008-11-23

add'ons Empty
PostSubject: Re: add'ons   add'ons EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 3:22 pm

Awesome! thanks for the suggestion! Glad to see people putting up some information. I won't be on too much until the 23rd =( So no more updates from me until then.
Back to top Go down

add'ons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: .:World of Worldcraft:. :: .:WoW Chatter:. :: Venturing Help-
Jump to: