Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesspacerRegisterLog in

World Of Goo!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
snares
Enigmatic
snares

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-12-17

World Of Goo! Empty
PostSubject: World Of Goo!   World Of Goo! EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 10:29 am

i just HAD to share this with you guys, my buddy told me about this game last night, i got the demo today and methinks after just finishing it, i'll grab a copy of the full game (tis only $20).

Its a fantastic game, great visuals, quirky sense of humor and a very simply interface.
The game play is great.

Its an odd game, not really sure how to class it, puzzle game mixed with a physics sandbox maybe?

either way - i think its awesome and i strongly suggest ya'll download and check out the demo at least (demo containes the full 1st chapter).

Let me know what you think, heres the links :

Demo/vids/info/buy
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth
31|)3R n00b

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-12-21

World Of Goo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Of Goo!   World Of Goo! EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 8:55 am

As always, Snares' taste for games wins.

World of Goo is now my favourite arcade/physics game ever, officialy. And i, after just finishing it aswell, will also buy a full copy for those measly 20 bucks.
To give a not-so-brief but not-so-lengthy explanation on what the game is about:

World of Goo, as mentioned above, is an arcade/physics game where you are a god-like black thingy controling little balls of goo, and your primary objective is to build these goo balls into such a "formation" so that you get them to a pipe that sucks them into another level. The pipe is usually above your goos, so you basically build a tower of goo to get them to the pipe.

Here's the twist: You have more than one type of goo balls, and you experience 3 types in the demo, which are:

Black Goo: The most basic type of goo. Once it attaches to another goo, it can never detach again, except in Goo Factory mode (explained later). Friction applies to these goo balls.

Green Goo: Almost the same as the black goo ball except for the fact that it is green (duh) and it can detach itself from other goos, even after being attached to another. Also, these goo balls are special because of their mighty friction power, which means that if you attach them to a wall, they won't fall down as easily as black goos.

Red Goo: The last type of goo in the Demo version, these goos inflate once attached to another goo, serving as a balloon which helps hold other goos above ground or spikes. These are especially helpful when you have to build a bridge over a large chasm and dont want your goos to fall to their deaths. Can also be detached from other goos, even once attached.

Now that i've dealt with goo explanation, let's get on to diff modes of gameplay. The first lvl is trivial - Just get enough goos into the pipe and into the next level. As you play along (heh), the environment also gets tougher to beat. For example, somewhere approx. 3/4 into the 1st chapter there's this lvl that rotates, which means you can't get your goos to stay still, etc etc. So you have to use your awsome 1337 brain power and figure out just what to do in every lvl to get those darn goos into the next stage.

Also, in every room there's a given number of goos that you MUST get into the pipe, and others get counted as extras. These extras however don't get sent to the next level, but rather into the Goo Factory.

What is the Goo Factory, you ask?
The Goo Factory is the ultimate open sandbox gameplay mode. Do whatever you want with those extra goos you accumulated during your travels, and the great thing is, here the goos can DETACH! You can make a gigantic tower, or a kitty, or whatever your mind desires - Your mind is the limit.

In all, the game has (i think) 4 chapters (it could be 5) and each of these has multiple stages of mind-blowing fun. Seriously, it's awsome (and if you won't like the last stage of Ch.1, you're crazy - THATS awsome as well!!)

Thats it for my quick explanation on the general aspects of the game, and i strongly suggest you download the demo (measly 34MB) and check it out. Even if you dont like arcade puzzlers - this one just might make you change your mind.

Thanks for the heads-up on this one, Snares!
Back to top Go down
snares
Enigmatic
snares

World Of Goo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Of Goo!   World Of Goo! EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 11:03 am

Glad to hear you are enjoying the game mate, i recently got a copy of the full version myself and am currently stuck on Chapter two, just this one level i cant quite figure out, grrrr.
Back to top Go down
ditz
n00b

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-09-18

World Of Goo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Of Goo!   World Of Goo! EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 8:23 am

AGREED! im ADDICTED!!! TY SNARES!!! Not that im having alot of time to play anything these days STUPID MIDTERMS! >.< 28pg MIDTERM!!! WTH!
Back to top Go down
Amber
1337 Sauce
Amber

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-10-01

World Of Goo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Of Goo!   World Of Goo! EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 8:34 am

Ambie forgets, can you download the whole gamie for free or does she have to buy it somewhere because Ambie's parents will say "NO NO NO"
Back to top Go down
http://s1.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=196136
snares
Enigmatic
snares

World Of Goo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Of Goo!   World Of Goo! EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 10:32 am

you can download the demo for free (which containes chapter 1 in full).
If you want to play more after that, you need to buy it, it is however, very cheap.
Back to top Go down
Amber
1337 Sauce
Amber

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-10-01

World Of Goo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Of Goo!   World Of Goo! EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 3:24 pm

snares wrote:
you can download the demo for free (which containes chapter 1 in full).
If you want to play more after that, you need to buy it, it is however, very cheap.
Ambie can't play~!
Back to top Go down
http://s1.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=196136
Sponsored content

World Of Goo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Of Goo!   World Of Goo! Empty

Back to top Go down

World Of Goo!
Page 1 of 1